Position: Genomics Application Scientist
What will you do at Meenta?
Thousands of scientific equipment are underutilized across the world while they could be helping researchers make more discoveries faster. As an Application Scientist, you will be part of something historic in changing how science is consumed across the world from genomics and beyond. You will be helping to make all if the world's scientific equipment accessible, like an Airbnb for science! You will work closely with the founders, product and marketing teams to consult with new users in academia and biotech to get on board. You are a curious, energetic and consummate learner who can help academic service labs and scientists in biotech find the right resources on Meenta.
Learn more: Wired Article
In addition, you have the following attributes:
• On hands experience with next-generation sequencing/ genomics or proteomics.
• Desire to move from academia to a start-up.
• Ability to build relationships and establish trust.
• Interest to collaborate with some of the best Biotechs and academic institutions in the world.
As an application scientist for the company, you will work closely with some of the best biotech and therapeutic companies in the world. You will help them identify the right next-generation sequencing workflows on the Meenta platform for their application by matching them to the appropriate Hosts.
As the scientific lead, you will work with the business development team to support and triage all bookings running on the platform. You are part of both the sales and product team and will work to make improvements in our user's experience within the app including longer-term goals around machine learning.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Identifying and onboarding new suppliers. This is a full base + incentive plan position.
• Spend 60% of your time meeting/identifying new Hosts to help build a national network of scientific equipment.
• Collect and provide product feedback from users to the CTO.
• Stay up to date on all things NGS/genomics & proteomics, attend scientific meetings and give scientific presentations as needed.• Effectively develop and close a number of targeted Hosts every month.
• At least 2-3 years of experience with next-generation sequencing. Can be hands-on or as applications support in the field.
• Experience can be from a genomics lab or a company.
• Self-starter with a “Get it done" mentality.
• Ability to operate in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a cadence of delivering consistent results.
• BA/BS (with more experience). MS or Ph.D. preferred.